Monday, November 19, 2012

"We fell asleep in an ambiguous subconsciousness"

         This is the first piece for my three-piece series on "Sense of belonging" project. 

        Long find myself attached to childlike comforts, especially the playground and little items that remind of childhood memories, I am working on this series titled "I generate a silhouette of childhood"- in order to cherish my peaceful and tremendous childhood. 
"We fell asleep in an ambiguous subconsciousness"
(Graphite and acrylic on Bristol board with Photoshop retouch)
November 2012
Details #1: montage of childhood
Details #2: In the kaleidoscope of dreams, nothing is as it seems

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Chau :)
    This is stunning!
    Amazing, I have no words.
    With this kind of artwork you glad my eyes and my mind.
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelieavably beautiful!!! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. Just beautiful graphite work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ambiguous, indeed! This is really beautiful, but is more disturbing than nostalgic, for sure. Childhood may have been wonderful, but as this illustration shows, it is also chaotic and sometimes frightening. LOVELY illustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. many thanks for your profound observation to this illustration :)

      Delete